'We are here to stay!' High Court allows Camp Beagle to remain
- Credit: Camp Beagle
The High Court has ruled that the Camp Beagle protest camp can stay outside MBR Acres at Wyton, as long as people stand 10 metres away from the front gates.
Camp Beagle protestors attended an injunction hearing yesterday morning, October 4, at the High Court, in London, which was brought by MBR Acres to remove protestors from outside their property.
Members of Camp Beagle have been camping outside the US Multinational Marshall BioRescources facility for more than 80 days in protest at the use of beagle puppies that are bred at the facility for animal testing.
Members of Camp Beagle said they were thrilled with the result, on their Facebook page they said: “The results are in… CAMP BEAGLE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!
“Just like we always say we are here to stay!”
You may also want to watch:
People have been sharing their support, one Facebook user said: “For once the right thing has been done. This is wonderful news ! Well done everyone!”
Another said: “Amazing news! Well done camp beagle warriors your doing a fantastic job!
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
"We all appreciate you so much and are behind you all the way !!” MBR beagles you will be free “
Another said: “Excellent news. Full respect to all you camping to show how much it means to everyone to get this place closed down as well as any linked to it.”
Peter Egan, a British actor, has showed his support on Twitter for Camp Beagle.
An outreach demonstration by Camp Beagle also took place in Manchester yesterday, Jformer Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn went along to show his support.