CAMBS: Woman tries to fight off muggers with bag of potatoes
A WOMAN was injured as she tried to fight off two robbers with a bag of potatoes.
The 57-year-old tried to fend off the two men using the bag of spuds and a bag of compost, which she was carrying.
The woman suffered minor injuries after the robbers knocked her over as she was walking along Station Road, March, close to the County Road junction at 10.45pm on Sunday.
They grabbed the her purse and fled the scene.
The men were white and wearing dark clothing with hooded tops, with the hood up.
You may also want to watch:
PC Andrew Rudd said: “I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and noticed anything suspicious or the two men as they fled the scene.
“Any information, no matter how small, could prove vital in tracing those responsible.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call PC Rudd on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.