CAMBS: Woman tries to fight off muggers with bag of potatoes
A WOMAN was injured as she tried to fight off two robbers with a bag of potatoes.
The 57-year-old tried to fend off the two men using the bag of spuds and a bag of compost, which she was carrying.
The woman suffered minor injuries after the robbers knocked her over as she was walking along Station Road, March, close to the County Road junction at 10.45pm on Sunday.
They grabbed the her purse and fled the scene.
The men were white and wearing dark clothing with hooded tops, with the hood up.
PC Andrew Rudd said: “I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and noticed anything suspicious or the two men as they fled the scene.
“Any information, no matter how small, could prove vital in tracing those responsible.”
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 3 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 4 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 5 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 6 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 7 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 More than 2,000 potholes need repairing in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call PC Rudd on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.