CAMBS: Woman sexually assaulted whilst walking through park with toddler
A WOMAN was sexually assaulted as she walked with her son toddler in a pushchair near a BMX park in March.
The 37-year-old was walking through North Drive recreational ground when the incident, happened between 11am and 11.40am on Wednesday.
As she approached the BMX park near Kingfisher Way a man approached her from behind, grabbed her around the mouth and assaulted her.
She broke free and he ran off along a walkway that leads into Mallard Way. She was not hurt but was very shaken up.
The offender was described as white, under 6ft and wearing a black jacket with the hood up and grey jogging bottoms. The jacket had a distinctive orange “North Face” logo on the back of the right shoulder.
Det Con Natasha Long said: “This was a scary and traumatic experience for the victim and I am keen to catch the man responsible.
“We know there were other members of the public in the park area the victim had just walked through so I hope one of them may have seen something significant.”
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 9 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 10 Buckden children raise a whopping £1,313.60 at cake sale
CONTACT: Det Con Long on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.