CAMBS: Woman dies in house fire
- Credit: Archant
A HOUSE fire in Burwell in which a woman died is not being treated as suspicious by police
A spokesman for the fire service said: “A crew from Burwell, two crews from Newmarket, in Suffolk, a water carrier from Newmarket, one crew from Soham and one crew from Cambridge were called to a building fire.
“Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and one jet to extinguish the fire, which had started to affect the roof of a neighbouring property.
“At 12.15pm the incident was scaled down. Two crews were left at the scene and carried out a cooling down process. At 12.50pm just one crew remained at the scene.
“Urban Search and Rescue from Norfolk were called to stabilise the building to enable the fire investigator to carry out his investigation. One woman was found deceased in the property. No other people were involved in the fire.”
All crews had returned to their stations by 3.25pm. The fire investigation into the cause of the fire, assisted by the fire dog from Hertfordshire, was completed on Sunday.”
Police and fire crews launched a join investigation but confirmed on Monday morning that the incident was not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
A file has been passed to the coroner.