CAMBS: Woman dies in house fire
- Credit: Archant
A HOUSE fire in Burwell in which a woman died is not being treated as suspicious by police
A spokesman for the fire service said: “A crew from Burwell, two crews from Newmarket, in Suffolk, a water carrier from Newmarket, one crew from Soham and one crew from Cambridge were called to a building fire.
“Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reels and one jet to extinguish the fire, which had started to affect the roof of a neighbouring property.
“At 12.15pm the incident was scaled down. Two crews were left at the scene and carried out a cooling down process. At 12.50pm just one crew remained at the scene.
“Urban Search and Rescue from Norfolk were called to stabilise the building to enable the fire investigator to carry out his investigation. One woman was found deceased in the property. No other people were involved in the fire.”
You may also want to watch:
All crews had returned to their stations by 3.25pm. The fire investigation into the cause of the fire, assisted by the fire dog from Hertfordshire, was completed on Sunday.”
Police and fire crews launched a join investigation but confirmed on Monday morning that the incident was not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
A file has been passed to the coroner.