CAMBS: Three-hour fire fight as barn burns in Farcet
- Credit: Archant
FIREFIGHTERS spent more than three hours battling a barn fire in Farcet last night (July 25).
They arrived at the scene in Gosling Drove at 10.35pm to find a building measuring around six by 10 meters, containing straw, well alight.
Two crews and a water carrier were needed at the scene where firefighters used a hose reel to fight the blaze before cutting away the side of the building to get to drag out smoldering materials.
The fire was brought under control by 1.45am with the crews returning to their stations by 2.05am.
An inspection was carried out by a crew today and the area was declared safe.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire was accidental.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?