CAMBS: Taxi driver assaulted on New Year’s Eve
POLICE are appealing for information after a taxi driver was assaulted in Stilton on New Year’s Eve.
The driver had taken a fare to The Talbot pub in North Street, shortly before midnight on Saturday (December 31), however the passengers only handed over �5 of the �15 fare.
When the driver said he would call the police, two of the men punched him to the floor and kicked him. An onlooker intervened and the victim managed to get back into his car and drive away. He suffered minor injuries.
One of the offenders is described as white, about 20, cleanly shaven with dark hair. He was wearing a black, sleeveless top and blue jeans.
Pc Suzanne Pickard, investigating, said: “This was a nasty attack on a man who was simply doing his job.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who was celebrating the New Year at the pub and may have seen what happened. In particular I am keen to speak to the member of the public who came to the aid of the driver when he was being assaulted.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call Pc Pickard on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire