CAMBS: Rower finds body in Cambridge River
THE body of a male has been found in the river in Cambridge.
Police were alerted at 8.30am yesterday morning (Sunday) after a rower spotted the body near the city’s Fort St George pub, Midsummer Common.
The body has been recovered but investigations are continuing.
Officers from Cambridgeshire Constabulary were at the scene for several hours and nearby areas were cordoned off.
Inspector Terry Furlong said: “A full investigation is underway. And I ask that no one uses the river today in the area of the incident so as not to hinder the police investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
This is the second body to be found in this stretch of water after Raymond Boyle, 53, was found in the water upstream of the weir, after he was killed in an unprovoked attack at Jesus Green in June, last year.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home