CAMBS: Pop star drops in at wedding to surprise bride and groom
A NEWLYWED couple were given a wedding gift to truly remember when singer Craig David made a surprise visit to their reception.
Lisa Potter-Coyne, 29, a make-up artist, and husband Theo Coyne, 28, had jokingly posted an invitation to the R’n’B star on YouTube, and the spoof version of his hit song 7 Days quickly spread across the globe.
The video was posted online in May and the couple were married at Ely Register Office on Friday, gathering at Lisa’s parents’ house in Witchford the following day for a party with friends and family.
At about 9pm they were given the surprise of their lives, with the multi-platinum selling artist making the trip from his home in Los Angeles to make a special appearance.
And the Southampton-born singer even took to the microphone to lead a singalong with Lisa, Theo and guests.
You may also want to watch:
Posting on Twitter, Lisa, who lives in London, said: “We’re still absolutely buzzing from the wedding! Still feels like a dream! So excited, we couldn’t sleep!”
Craig wrote on social networking site Instagram: “Had the most amazing experience surprising Theo and Lisa at their wedding celebrations!
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
“Seeing them so happy having me attend and hearing me sing was as emotional for me as it was for them!
“They told me how they have been fans of my music from the start of my career.
“They have bought all of my songs, been to over 25 of my concerts and that my music had brought them closer together over the eight years that they have been partners.”