CAMBS: Passenger dies nine days after A142 crash
A 71-year-old woman has died from injuries she sustained in a two-vehicle smash on the A142 earlier this month.
Gillian Read, of The Green, Wardy Hill, was rushed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge following a collision at the Witcham Toll junction at about 7.30am on February 14.
She died as a result of her injuries nine days later.
Mrs Read was a passenger in a silver Peugeot 206 when it was involved in a collision with a white Toyota Hiace van.
The air ambulance was called to the scene and the busy main road was blocked in both directions, with police forced to set up a diversion through Wardy Hill and Coveney.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Peugeot, a 72-year-old man, suffered serious injuries in the collision. The driver of the van was treated for minor injuries.
PC Theron Pearman, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision, or either vehicle prior to it, to call police.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
Anyone with information should call PC Pearman on 101.