CAMBS: Nearly 50 drink drivers reported to the police
ALMOST 50 people have reported drink drivers to the police in the third week of Cambridgeshire police’s drink drive campaign
Officers arrested 28 motorists on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and the force’s anonymous reporting line received 49 calls.
Insp Chris Skepper said: “It is always disappointing to find that some drivers are still flouting the law.
“We will continue our proactive approach by conducting regular stop checks to ensure those people who ignore the law are brought to justice.
“The numbers of calls to our drink drive line increased significantly over the past week which is extremely encouraging and are currently following up this information.”
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Chris Skepper added: “We know there are people out there who still feel it is acceptable to drive under the influence and there are also people who know who these offenders are.
“They may not feel comfortable reporting drink and drug drivers so the confidential line is available to allow people to do this without having to leave their details.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
“We will act on the information immediately where possible or through targeted action.”
INFORMATION: To report a drink driver, anonymously, call 0800 032 0845.