CAMBS: Mystery of 12ft gorilla appearing from the mist
THERE was more than a hint of monkey business going on in Witchford overnight after a 15ft mechanical gorilla suddenly appeared in the village.
The enormous metal figure was discovered lurking in a misty hedgerow by dog walkers on Thursday morning, having being discarded on a public byway just off Sutton Road.
The mechanised beast has a number of moving parts but is in a poor state of repair, with many of its components badly rusted.
A dog walker said: “I walk my dog there everyday and it appeared out of nowhere on Thursday morning. I took one look at it and couldn’t quite believe it, it’s enormous.”
A spokesman for East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) confirmed that the authority had been made aware of the gorilla and that investigations were being carried out as to how it ended up in the village.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added that the gorilla would be taken away for disposal if it was found to be on public land.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages