CAMBS: Man dies after double stabbing in Peterborough
A MAN has died following a double stabbing in Peterborough.
Cambridgeshire police said another man was also seriously injured in the incident in Gilpin Street on Wednesday morning.
Officers were alerted by the ambulance service at 7.17am. One man died at the scene and a second man was taken to hospital where he was described as stable.
Detective Inspector Tim Redfearn, from the Major Crime Unit, said: “Details about this incident remain sketchy and I would like to hear from anyone who was in the Gilpin Street area this morning who has any information about this incident.
“We are working to establish further details about the man who has died and tracing his next of kin, as well as determining the circumstances around his death.
You may also want to watch:
“Any information, no matter how small, could prove vital.”
INFORMATION: Contact the Major Crime Unit on 101 or via the incident room on 01480 422791, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k