CAMBS: Man arrested after woman falls from fifth floor flat in Cambridge
A WOMAN who fell from the fifth floor of a block of flats is in a critical condition in hospital.
The 37-year-old woman fell five floors from the Kingsway Flats, which faces Ferrars Way and Topham Way, in Cambridge, shortly after midnight today (January 24).
She was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with multiple injuries, and remains in a critical condition
Detective Inspector Martin Brunning said: “We know that a number of people were awake at the time of this incident and I would urge anyone who has any information to contact police.
“I am also keen to hear from anyone who was in the area earlier that evening who may have heard a disturbance or noticed anything unusual in the Kingsway area.
You may also want to watch:
“This woman has extremely serious injuries and is in a critical condition and it is vital we establish what has happened to her.”
A 31-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and is currently in custody at Parkside Police Station.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Insp Brunning on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.