CAMBS: Man arrested after pedestrian hit by car then pulled along as vehicle drives off
- Credit: Archant
A MAN was hit by a car while crossing the road in Cambridge on Thursday (August 15).
The 48-year-old was crossing Pepys Way, Girton, at about 9.20am when he was struck by a Ford Mondeo. An altercation broke out between the pedestrian and the driver, during which the vehicle was driven off, pulling the man along.
He suffered minor injuries.
A 41-year-old man from Cambridge has been arrested on suspicion of assault and has been bailed until August 28.
DC Jo Nicholson said: “We are treating this assault as an isolated incident.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to speak to anyone who saw what happened. Any information could help my investigation and I would appeal for them to come forward.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call DC Nicholson on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer