CAMBS: Heatwave could provoke healthcare warning
- Credit: Archant
TEMPERATURES in Cambridgeshire are soaring dangerously close to a Level 3 warning from the Met Office which requires social and healthcare services to target specific actions at high-risk groups.
Level 3 warnings are issued when temperatures reach the thresholds set for a region for for two days in a row and the night inbetween.
The day threshold for the East of England is 30C with the night time figure set at 15C.
Warnings have already been issued for London and the South East but the East of England where there is a 90 per cent chance of this happening but not for the East of England where an 80 per cent chance exists.
If this increases to 90 per cent healthcare services will be forced to take action to help protect the very young, the elderly and the seriously ill.
You may also want to watch:
The hot spell is expected to last for at least another week as temperatures continue to hit the high 20s.
BRITISH SUMMER FACTS
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
The hottest temperature ever recorded in the UK was 38.5C. This was recorded in Faversham, Kent on August 10, 2003
The average maximum temperature for July is 20.9C in England
2011 was the coldest summer since 1993
1976 is the hottest summer on record with temperatures of 26.7C or higher every day between June 22 and July 16
Today the mercury is set to hit 28C in Ibiza and 27C in Los Angeles
20C is the hottest it is likely to get in Sydney over the next 24 hours but they are at the start of their winter