CAMBS: Four years jail for throwing brick at man’s face
A MAN has been jailed for four years for throwing a brick into 31-year-old’s face.
Casey Gittos, 20, of Main Road, Three Holes, Norfolk, launched the attack at about 1am on September 19 last year as the victim came out of his house in Norwood Road, March, to investigate a theft from his car.
Cambridge Crown Court was told that after challenging Gittos and two others, a brick was thrown at the victim, causing serious injuries to his face. Gittos then threw the brick through the kitchen window of the property, narrowly missing the victim’s partner who then called police.
Gittos pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent and was sentenced to four years in a young offenders institute on Tuesday (August 30).
On the night there had also been a spate of vandalism and thefts from vehicles in the Norwood Road area, including criminal damage to garden walls, cars and house windows.
You may also want to watch:
Dc Mark Yendley, who investigated, said: “This was a nasty attack which left the victim with serious injuries and the sentence given reflects to severity of the offence. My inquiries were greatly aided by the work of March neighbourhood policing team who helped bring these offenders to justice.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 How well do you know Huntingdon?