CAMBS: Five-month-old baby treated by paramedics after house fire
A FIVE-month-old baby had to be treated by paramedics after a house fire in Cambridge.
Fire crews were called to a fire which started in a kitchen in a house at 4.15pm on Friday in Watermead, Bar Hill, where a five-month-old baby and two adults were suffering from smoke inhalation.
All three were treated by paramedics at the scene.
The accidental fire has prompted Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service to issue a warning about kitchen fires, quoting new statistics which show half of all accidental house fires start in the kitchen.
A spokesman for the fire service said: “Winter is officially a time for comfort food. But whether it’s a roast dinner, cottage pie or even a big fry-up that tickles your fancy, remember to stay safe in the kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
“New research conducted by Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service shows that a staggering 50 per cent of all accidental fires in the home start in the kitchen - potentially making it the most dangerous room in your home.”
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'