CAMBS: David Dixon, 28, jailed for 11 years after raping 14-year-old girl
- Credit: Archant
A thug who raped a 14-year-old girl has been jailed for 11 years today (Friday).
David Dixon attacked the teenager in his caravan and a hut near Crown Lakes, Farcet, Peterborough, on three separate occasions last summer after grooming her over several months.
The victim told a teacher at her school about the abuse and Dixon, of Cross Street, Farcet, was arrested on September 18.
The 28-year-old had to be Tasered during the arrest after he refused to put down an axe he had been using to cut wood with and wielded it towards officers.
Following his arrest, he tracked down the teenager and pinned her against a wall, threatening her family if she spoke to police.
You may also want to watch:
Dixon denied the charges but was convicted of three counts of rape, sexual activity with a child and common assault following a trial at Peterborough Crown Court.
He was also convicted of possessing a bladed article and witness intimidation after an incident in which he threatened a man connected to the case with a machete.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Detective Constable Mark Andrews said: “This is a case of a 28-year-old man targeting a vulnerable young girl and taking advantage of her.
“However, she has shown great bravery in coming forward to police and then giving evidence against him at court.
“Dixon is a deeply unpleasant man, who thinks nothing of using violence to get what he wants. We will not tolerate such behaviour and will seek to put such offenders before the courts.”