CAMBS: Couple jailed for stealing from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have been jailed for six months for stealing thousands of pounds worth of cleaning products from Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Robert Antal, 42, and Iren Adam, 46, were domestic assistants at the hospital when they began stealing various cleaning products and medical supplies.
The hospital received an anonymous tip-off last month and both were arrested by police at their place of work.
Searches on their home in Greenlands, Cambridge, led to the discovery of nearly £6,000 of products stacked in boxes in the garage and the couple’s bedroom with Addenbrooke’s labels on them.
Both pleaded guilty to theft by an employee and were each jailed for six months at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (June 6).
DC Tom Taylor said: “We believe Antal and Adam were stockpiling the cleaning products to take with them to their native Hungary but their plan was thwarted thanks to the information received by the hospital.
“Theft by an employee is a serious crime and these goods would have been purchased with public money.”
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 4 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 5 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 6 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 7 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman