CAMBS: Couple jailed for stealing from hospital
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE have been jailed for six months for stealing thousands of pounds worth of cleaning products from Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Robert Antal, 42, and Iren Adam, 46, were domestic assistants at the hospital when they began stealing various cleaning products and medical supplies.
The hospital received an anonymous tip-off last month and both were arrested by police at their place of work.
Searches on their home in Greenlands, Cambridge, led to the discovery of nearly £6,000 of products stacked in boxes in the garage and the couple’s bedroom with Addenbrooke’s labels on them.
Both pleaded guilty to theft by an employee and were each jailed for six months at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court yesterday (June 6).
You may also want to watch:
DC Tom Taylor said: “We believe Antal and Adam were stockpiling the cleaning products to take with them to their native Hungary but their plan was thwarted thanks to the information received by the hospital.
“Theft by an employee is a serious crime and these goods would have been purchased with public money.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder