CAMBS: Cambridge University students told not to walk alone in flasher warning
CAMBRIDGE University students have been told to not walk around on their own following reports of a man indecently exposing himself.
At around 7pm on Saturday a man was said to have flashed at a student at Murray Edwards College - a women’s only college - in Grange Road, Cambridge.
Bursar at the college David Findlow emailed warned students of the incident.
His message read: “Please take steps not to be out in the area on your own.”
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called just before 7.10pm to reports a man had indecently exposed himself in Grange Road.
“A woman was cycling along the road when she noticed a car parked on the side of Grange Road with the boot open.
“As she cycled past she noticed the man was indecently exposing himself.”
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
The man is describes as white, in his 30s, tall and of a stocky build with short blond hair.
He is said to have a square face with a weathered complexion.
He was wearing a blue checked top and jeans.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should ring Cambridgeshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.