CAMBS: Burglars take £20,000 of designer clothing in house raid
- Credit: Archant
More than £20,000 of designer clothing has been stolen from a house in Harston.
Burglars forced their way into the property in the High Street between 10pm on Monday (May 12) and 7am on Tuesday (May 13).
They made off with more than £20,000 worth of designer clothing ranging from Armani jeans, Hugo Boss belts, Paul Smith jackets, 160 Ralph Lauren and Christian Dior t-shirts and 15 pairs of Gienchi leopard print sneakers valued at £125 each.
The victim who owns a shop in Cambridge has been left devastated.
Detective sergeant Sarah Gaylor said: “I am appealing for witnesses to this high-value burglary as someone out there will know who did this.
“They caused a lot of damage and would have used a car to carry the goods away.
“We have released an image of the Gienchi shoes as they are extremely rare and not likely to be sold in the eastern region.
- 1 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 6 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
- 10 This year's Huntingdon in Bloom launch event has taken place
“We are taking this crime very seriously and are keen to catch those responsible.
“I would urge anyone with information or who saw anything suspicious in the early hours on Tuesday to contact us. You may be offered these items for sale, again, I’d urge you to contact police.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information about the burglary or any of the items stolen should contact DS Sarah Gaylor on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.