CAMBS: Burglars take £20,000 of designer clothing in house raid
- Credit: Archant
More than £20,000 of designer clothing has been stolen from a house in Harston.
Burglars forced their way into the property in the High Street between 10pm on Monday (May 12) and 7am on Tuesday (May 13).
They made off with more than £20,000 worth of designer clothing ranging from Armani jeans, Hugo Boss belts, Paul Smith jackets, 160 Ralph Lauren and Christian Dior t-shirts and 15 pairs of Gienchi leopard print sneakers valued at £125 each.
The victim who owns a shop in Cambridge has been left devastated.
Detective sergeant Sarah Gaylor said: “I am appealing for witnesses to this high-value burglary as someone out there will know who did this.
You may also want to watch:
“They caused a lot of damage and would have used a car to carry the goods away.
“We have released an image of the Gienchi shoes as they are extremely rare and not likely to be sold in the eastern region.
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
“We are taking this crime very seriously and are keen to catch those responsible.
“I would urge anyone with information or who saw anything suspicious in the early hours on Tuesday to contact us. You may be offered these items for sale, again, I’d urge you to contact police.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information about the burglary or any of the items stolen should contact DS Sarah Gaylor on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.