CAMBS: Burglars steal safe in Greggs bakery break-in
- Credit: Archant
BURGLARS took a safe after breaking into a March bakery.
Offenders smashed their way into Greggs in Broad Street, between 6pm on Saturday and 7am on Sunday.
Once inside they removed a large metal safe containing cash.
Detective Constable Kayleigh O’Brien said: “This was a large safe and would have required a van, or car with a substantial boot, to transport it away.
“We know the town centre was busy on Saturday night and I would urge anyone who was in the area and saw anything suspicious to call police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call DC O’Brien on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity