CAMBS: Bungalow explodes after metal thieves steal boiler parts
FIREFIGHTERS say they are certain that metal thieves caused a Leverington semi detached bungalow to explode in the early hours of today (Monday).
The house in Leonard’s Road blew up at 12.45am and the neighbours were forced to evacuate.
Residents in the area say police had visited the bungalow several times throughout the weekend.
Fire service incident commander Gary Reach said he was “99.9 per cent sure” that the explosion was as a result of metal theft.
“We have ruled out all the other possibilities,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
The bungalow is totally destroyed and neighbours Ian Gowler and Mavis Stails have been forced to move out.
Mr Gowler said: “I feel a little bit sick it’s happened and helpless, too, as I can do nothing about it.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
He added: “I am just relieved that I and the missus didn’t get hurt.”