CAMBS: Boy’s body found after river search
- Credit: Archant
A 12-YEAR-OLD boy who went into a river but failed to resurface has died.
The emergency services were called to the River Cam near Fen Causeway in Cambridge at 6.24pm yesterday.
A search for the boy continued into the early hours and police confirmed a body had been found at 3am today.
Inspector Kate Scott said: “Last night police were informed that a 12-year-old boy had gone into the river at Lammas Land, The Fen Causeway, and not resurfaced.
“Emergency services attended and recovered a body of a boy, who was deceased, at 3am this morning.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the death was not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service