CAMBS: Body of missing mum Vitalija Baliutavicience found in Poland
THE body of missing mother Vitalija Baliutavicience has been found in Poland.
DNA testing confirmed the 29-year-old’s identity after Cambridgeshire police were contacted on Monday after the discovery by the Polish authority.
A team of officers is heading to the eastern European country to work with their Polish counterparts and carry out further investigations.
Her family have been made aware of the discovery and are being kept up to date with the investigation.
Ms Baliutaviciene, who was due to turn 30 in September, hasn’t had any contact with her 10-year-old son since leaving her home in Burmer Road, New England, Peterborough, at 5am.
You may also want to watch:
Ongoing enquiries led police divers to search the River Nene, north of Whittlesey, in November. Officers also searched Rolts Wood, near Upwood, for the body of the missing mum.
• Rimas Venclovas, 46, has been charged with the Vitalija’s kidnap and murder. He is due in court early in the New Year ahead of a three-week trial in March.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity