CAMBS: Arson attack on Farcet barn causes night long fire fight
- Credit: Archant
An arson attack in Farcet left firefighters across the region battling a barn fire in to the early hours of this morning (September 24).
Several calls were received at around 11.15pm yesterday to the barn in Conquest Drove containing 4,000 tons of straw.
Crews from Huntingdon, Ramsey, Stanground, Peterborough and Sawtry were among those that fought the blaze which covered an area of about 30m by 30m.
They fought the fire in to the early hours of the morning, stopping it from spreading to nearby farm buildings.
At just after 3pm the fire was under control and the crews were dampening down.
You may also want to watch:
At 7am one crew remained at the scene and the fire service were continuing to monitor the site this morning.
The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate, anyone with information should contact Police on 101.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k