CAMBRIDGE: £2,000 reward offered after pregnant woman’s face slashed
- Credit: Archant
A pregnant woman had her face slashed as she walked home in Cambridge.
Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £2,000 for information about the unprovoked attack,
The charity said Hayley Baker, 29, was attacked on December 12 on Hertford Street shortly after 8.30pm. The offender, who cut her face with a sharp object, ran off towards Chesterton Lane leaving the victim with serious facial injuries.
Ann Scott, Crimestoppers eastern regional manager, said: “This violent attack on an innocent woman carrying a child is unthinkable. Not only has she sustained considerable injuries to her face, but it has caused unnecessary trauma and fear that may have longer term ramifications at a time which should be joyous in anticipation of the birth of her child.
“Crimestoppers would urge anyone with information to contact the charity anonymously, safe in the knowledge that no one will ever know you contacted us.”
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £2,000 for information passed to the charity’s 0800 555 111 number that leads to an arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the crime.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding