Calling all men - Huntingdon charity event organiser’s appeal
CHARITY fundraisers keen to shake off their “old” image are staging a ladies night in a Huntingdon nightclub – complete with male strippers.
Hazel Cottrell, of Rotoract, is now looking for men willing to be auctioned off at the event on Friday (July 15), which is in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer and being held at Level 2.
She told The Hunts Post: “We want men to auction off for a dance. We have four so far but would like 10. All they have to do is dress in a suit and dance one dance with the winning bidder. The youngest person attending so far is 19 and the oldest is 70 so we welcome men of any age, any shape or size.
“It’s in aid of a really good cause and I have been selling it to guys by saying they will be doing it to save boobies for all of mankind.”
Hazel explained that Rotoract is a fundraising charity for people aged 18 to 30 but it is often confused with its parent charity, the Rotary Club.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “People hear Rotoract and think of the Rotary Club, which tends to attract older people. We’re not like that, we’re normal young people who like to have fun.”
Tickets are �10 each and this includes entrance to the club for the night, one shot, one drink and a goodie bag. All profits raised go to Breakthrough Breast Cancer and Hazel is aiming to raise at least �1,500 for the charity.
- 1 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
Hazel also appealed to local businesses for more raffle prizes and small items or discount vouchers that can be put in the goodie bags.
If you would like more details about this event, to buy tickets or you would like to help – in anyway – e-mail Hazel Cottrell at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the Facebook page Huntingdon Rotaract.