Calendar girls bare nearly all for Woodlands Cancer Centre appeal
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky calendar featuring brave friends who bared nearly all to raise money for the Woodlands Cancer Centre extension appeal has been produced.
Claire Senior, who was told she had terminal adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) in April last year, wanted to help the appeal after receiving treatment at the Hinchingbrooke Hospital unit.
Despite her illness, the 39-year-old mum-of-two from Chapel Street, Alconbury, with support from friends and family, has raised thousands for charities.
Most recently, Mrs Senior and a committee of pals organised a Wedding Wishes Ball, when women were encouraged to wear their bridal gowns. It raised more than £11,000 for the Nick Slevin ACC Research Fund and Marie Curie.
When talking about what the committee could do next Mrs Senior suggested stripping off for a calendar and with eight willing volunteers, a photo shoot was hastily arranged.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was good fun. We had a laugh deciding what to wear and what props to use. One pic is a Mad Hatter’s tea party and doing that was really funny.”
Helen Richardson of TG Green Photography took the photos and graphic designer Graham Dingwall put the calendar together.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
Copies were printed by XL Press in St Neots and the first 200 were sponsored by Houghton-based self adhesive products company Le Mark.
Mrs Senior said: “It’s far better than I ever could have dreamed. It’s brilliant.”
INFORMATION: Calendars are £5 from 07887 500538.