Calendar girls bare nearly all for Woodlands Cancer Centre appeal
- Credit: Archant
A cheeky calendar featuring brave friends who bared nearly all to raise money for the Woodlands Cancer Centre extension appeal has been produced.
Claire Senior, who was told she had terminal adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) in April last year, wanted to help the appeal after receiving treatment at the Hinchingbrooke Hospital unit.
Despite her illness, the 39-year-old mum-of-two from Chapel Street, Alconbury, with support from friends and family, has raised thousands for charities.
Most recently, Mrs Senior and a committee of pals organised a Wedding Wishes Ball, when women were encouraged to wear their bridal gowns. It raised more than £11,000 for the Nick Slevin ACC Research Fund and Marie Curie.
When talking about what the committee could do next Mrs Senior suggested stripping off for a calendar and with eight willing volunteers, a photo shoot was hastily arranged.
She said: “It was good fun. We had a laugh deciding what to wear and what props to use. One pic is a Mad Hatter’s tea party and doing that was really funny.”
Helen Richardson of TG Green Photography took the photos and graphic designer Graham Dingwall put the calendar together.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Copies were printed by XL Press in St Neots and the first 200 were sponsored by Houghton-based self adhesive products company Le Mark.
Mrs Senior said: “It’s far better than I ever could have dreamed. It’s brilliant.”
INFORMATION: Calendars are £5 from 07887 500538.