Cadets drum up plenty of support at regional event
- Credit: Archant
A group of seven Royal Air Force air cadets from 2500 St Neots Squadron took part in the central and east region bank weekend at RAF Henlow, in Hertfordshire.
In all, 36 air cadet squadrons took part from all over the region.
They were given tuition on the various instruments they played as well as marching with them. The course was split into two sections, drums and brass, and during the weekend they combined to march together to master what they had learned.
A spokesman for St Neots Squadron said: “The squadron is recruiting young people aged 12 to 16. They are also recruiting staff aged 20 plus and a civilian committee.
“We meet on Tuesday and Thursday at the rear of the rugby club in Common Road.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in joining, e-mail OC.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01480 213671 on parade nights.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding