Cabinet changes at Huntingdonshire District Council
- Credit: Archant
HUNTINGDONSHIRE District Council’s Cabinet has been shaken up and increased by one.
Councillor Robin Howe, who represents Upwood and The Raveleys, was announced as portfolio holder for Healthy and Active Communities at last week’s full council meeting.
Councillor Tom Sanderson, who used to hold the role, is now portfolio holder for Strategic Economic Development and Legal, taking responsibilities off Executive leader Councillor Jason Ablewhite.
Cllr Ablewhite has also changed role and taken on the portfolio for Strategic and Delivery Partnerships.
“I chose Robin for his business acumen,” Cllr Ablewhite told The Hunts Post. “As chairman of a number of a companies with huge experience.
You may also want to watch:
“As we take a greater business approach to running our leisure facilities I felt it was the ideal opportunity to use his knowledge and experience.”
Cllr Ablewhite added: “My role includes looking at our strategic partners in local government and higher government and with other partners who deliver swathes of services to see where we can make savings between us.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The Cabinet is completed by councillors Barry Chapman, Jonathan Gray, Nick Guyatt and Darren Tysoe, whose roles haven’t changed.