Cabinet changes at Huntingdonshire District Council
- Credit: Archant
HUNTINGDONSHIRE District Council’s Cabinet has been shaken up and increased by one.
Councillor Robin Howe, who represents Upwood and The Raveleys, was announced as portfolio holder for Healthy and Active Communities at last week’s full council meeting.
Councillor Tom Sanderson, who used to hold the role, is now portfolio holder for Strategic Economic Development and Legal, taking responsibilities off Executive leader Councillor Jason Ablewhite.
Cllr Ablewhite has also changed role and taken on the portfolio for Strategic and Delivery Partnerships.
“I chose Robin for his business acumen,” Cllr Ablewhite told The Hunts Post. “As chairman of a number of a companies with huge experience.
“As we take a greater business approach to running our leisure facilities I felt it was the ideal opportunity to use his knowledge and experience.”
Cllr Ablewhite added: “My role includes looking at our strategic partners in local government and higher government and with other partners who deliver swathes of services to see where we can make savings between us.”
- 1 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 2 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 3 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 4 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 5 Meet the volunteers making a difference for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 6 Rush hour rail disruption between Peterborough and London
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: 100-person laser tag tournament in woods near Huntingdon
- 8 Exclusive look at photograph taken at RAF Warboys from IWM's new The Royal Family in Wartime book
- 9 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 10 Caught on camera the moment an otter came up for dinner
The Cabinet is completed by councillors Barry Chapman, Jonathan Gray, Nick Guyatt and Darren Tysoe, whose roles haven’t changed.