By-election triggered in St Neots after councillor resigns his seat
- Credit: Archant
A by-election is being held in Eaton Ford to replace Charles Rogers who has stood down from St Neots Town Council.
Mr Rogers, who represented the Our Community my Priority group, was elected in May last year and is understood to have resigned due to his other commitments.
The Eaton Ford ward is also served by councillors Derek Giles and Gordon Thorpe who also represent the Our Community my Priority group.
Anyone wishing to stand for election in the seat needs to apply by filling in a nomination form and this should be returned to Pathfinder House, in Huntingdon, by 4pm on Friday (February 22).
The by-election is set to take place on March 22 and polling cards have already started to arrive at homes in St Neots.
Those who wish to vote must be registered by March 5 and application forms are available from Huntingdonshire District Council, which is the authority that organises the election.
INFO: Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by midnight on March 5. Applications can be made online: www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at
Pathfinder House, St Mary`s Street, Huntingdon, PE29 3TN by 5pm on March 13. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the officer by 5pm on March 21.