Your chance to vote for worthy winners in Skip of Gold competition
- Credit: Supplied Mick George Ltd
After a frantic fortnight of applications, the finalists have now been shortlisted in the Mick George Skip of Gold competition, with each representative given the opportunity to win £1,000 for their sports club or community initiative.
Originally scheduled to be a list of just 20 organisations, the sheer volume of worthy and deserving causes submitted, has led the local business to extend the finalists to 34 groups.
The winner of the prize fund will be the registration who receives the most online support through the online voting system that is now open. Please show your backing at www.mickgeorge.co.uk/huntsgold18.
- Voting lines are open March 28 and close April 24.
- The winner will be announced on May 2.
You may also want to watch:
The shortlist includes:
1 Hunts Community Cancer Network
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
2 White Hart Bowls Club
3 Chatteris in Bloom
4 Netherton FC
5 Sawtry Colts Football Club
6 Huntingdon Gymnastics Club
7 Potton Town Cricket Club
8 St. Neots Dragon Boat Team - U18’s
9 Offord Primary School
10 Eaton Socon Cricket Club
11 Buckden Pre-School & Playgroup
12 Kimbolton Town Colts Football Club
13 2nd Eye Brownies
14 Spaldwick Youth Group
15 St Ives Carnival and Music Festival
16 Marshland Saints FC Under7’s
17 Folksworth Primary School
18 Friends of St Botolphs
19 Yaxley Young People Working Group
20 Changing Lives
21 Godmanchester Dementia Friendly Community
22 Chatters Community Cafe
23 Huntingdon Carnival
24 St Neots Timebank
25 Cambourne Cricket Club
26 Newborough Young Farmers
27 Huntingdon Boat Club
28 Huntingdonshire Society for the Blind
29 St Neots Swans Swimming Club
30 Huntingdon & District Cricket Club
31 St Neots Foodbank
32 Royal Oak Bowls Club
33 St Neots Town Youth FC
34 St Ives Bowls Club
35 Let’s Go Skate