Work to start soon on new McDonald’s at Caxton Gibbet
- Credit: Archant
PLANS to redevelop the site of a former Chinese restaurant have been approved.
Popular chains McDonald’s, Costa Coffee and Subway will replace the family-run Yim Wah restaurant at Caxton Gibbet. The Chinese restaurant burnt down in 2009, but despite promises that the popular venue would be rebuilt, the site has remained derelict.
Last week South Cambridgeshire District Council agreed a scheme that would create three businesses on the land, providing about 80 new jobs.
The council’s planning committee approved the scheme’s designs after giving the project outline planning permission last year.
Work on the redevelopment is expected to start soon.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Nick Wright, South Cambridgeshire District Council’s lead member for economic development, said: “The redevelopment of this site is excellent news, creating jobs and boosting the local economy.
“We are delighted to welcome new businesses to the area and it is good to see this derelict site being brought back into use.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home