Wine firm smiling at January sales
ST NEOTS family-owned wine merchant The Smiling Grape Company is claiming a new January sales record.
The firm was a finalist in the 2010 Drinks Retailing Awards for the Independent Wine Merchant of the Year category.
Managing partner Matt Ellis said: “In a month when people don’t traditionally buy or drink wine due to the over-indulgences of Christmas, this year we have successfully implemented our “drink less but buy better quality wine” strategy.
“Two or three days a week without wine, just a glass on other weekday nights and a really special bottle to share at the weekend has been our recommendation.”
The Smiling Grape Company has also found that the quality of its wine has also been a key factor to the increase of January sales, Mr Ellis said.
You may also want to watch:
“We have brought smiles to many of our customers’ faces over the Christmas period through high quality and excellent value wines, and this has created a great deal of repeat business.”
INFORMATION: The Smiling Grape Company is in St Neots High Street and at www.smilinggrape.com. Matt Ellis is on 01480 403100 or 07905 409935, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal