Williamson joins to broaden Cambs Horizons
JOHN Williamson has joined the team at Cambridgeshire Horizons as director of development and deputy chief executive. Mr Williamson replaces John Onslow, who has been seconded to Cambridgeshire County Council as acting executive director for environment s
JOHN Williamson has joined the team at Cambridgeshire Horizons as director of development and deputy chief executive.
Mr Williamson replaces John Onslow, who has been seconded to Cambridgeshire County Council as acting executive director for environment services.
Mr Williamson has joined the team on secondment for a year from the Government Office for the East of England (GO-East), bringing with him over 20 years of planning and development experience.
He has led teams handling the regional spatial strategy, local development frameworks and a range of planning, housing and transport issues across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Norfolk and Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
A member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, Mr Williamson has also previously worked for what is now the Department for Communities and Local Government (CLG), dealing with national policy on affordable housing, economic development, planning obligations and retail development.
He said: "I am pleased to have joined the team at Horizons and look forward to getting some hands-on experience of the delivery of the policies and strategies I have been working on in the past years at GO-East and CLG.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week
"It's a very exciting time for the delivery of sustainable new communities across the county, with many major new developments going through the planning process and some due to start work within the next twelve months."
Alex Plant, chief executive of Cambridgeshire Horizons, said: "We are delighted to welcome John to the Horizons team and look forward to working with him over the coming year. John knows our organisation very well, having previously been a member of the Horizons Board, so has been able to hit the ground running at this busy time.