Warboys firm gets green light for public sector bids
WARBOYS identification innovators GrIDsure have been awarded CESG Claims Tested Mark (CCTM) certification. The award means that UK public-sector organisations, including local authorities, NHS, education, criminal justice, police, government and the MoD,
WARBOYS identification innovators GrIDsure have been awarded CESG Claims Tested Mark (CCTM) certification.
The award means that UK public-sector organisations, including local authorities, NHS, education, criminal justice, police, government and the MoD, will now be able to recognise GrIDsure's pattern-based authentication system when looking to replace their existing computer login methods. CCTM certification offers authorities another security option as they look to deal with the increasingly stringent legislation being placed on government organisations, which includes fines of up to �500,000 for data leakage.
GrIDsure's innovative solution is based on a simple yet groundbreaking concept that allows users to login to their PC by remembering a sequential pattern on a grid.
The system represents a user-friendly and cost effective technology that is much more secure than a traditional password and is ideal for organisations looking for a tokenless two-factor authentication solution for remote access and home working employees.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Howes, the company's chief executive, said: "This certification is a significant step forward for GrIDsure, and we are very excited about the opportunities it will bring.
"As public sector organisations are now cowering beneath stringent legislation, budget cuts and disparate authentication techniques, we are confident that GrIDsure Enterprise will be seen as a ray of light for many IT, security, compliance and risk managers across the UK."
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 6 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 10 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
The company will be offering its Enterprise solution to the public sector in the UK through its expanding network of approved resellers and partners.
GrIDsure Enterprise is easily adopted by business users and consumers alike, the company says, because it has been proved that patterns are easier to remember than passwords. It is highly secure as there are numerous pattern permutations that are almost impossible to shoulder-surf, and it is very cost effective and scalable, because it requires no additional hardware or software.