Vauxhall officially back in Huntingdon
VAUXHALL dealer Murketts has now officially returned to Huntingdon. Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly has officially opened the new showroom in Stukeley Road to mark the marque s return to the town after five years exile in London Road, St Ives. The comp
VAUXHALL dealer Murketts has now officially returned to Huntingdon.
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly has officially opened the new showroom in Stukeley Road to mark the marque's return to the town after five years' 'exile' in London Road, St Ives.
The company, which started life selling bicycles in Huntingdon High Street a century ago, had to leave its previous garage on Huntingdon ring road when the site was needed for redevelopment.
The Stukeley Road premises housed Murketts' BMW and Mini franchise until two years ago, although it retains servicing and after-sales of those marques on the site it shares with the new state-of-the-art Vauxhall dealership.
You may also want to watch:
"Murketts Vauxhall has come home to Huntingdon, but we have never really been away," said director Simon Murkett. "Although our St Ives branch has recently closed, we can still offer Vauxhall owners in this area a genuinely 'local' service, with collection and delivery and free courtesy cars for service customers."
"I am really pleased that Murketts and Vauxhall are doing so well and it's reassuring to see the company investing in its future in Huntingdon during these testing times," Mr Djanogly added.
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 3 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 4 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 5 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 6 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 7 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Brampton butchers win awards for delicious pies and sausages
- 10 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders