Vauxhall officially back in Huntingdon
VAUXHALL dealer Murketts has now officially returned to Huntingdon. Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly has officially opened the new showroom in Stukeley Road to mark the marque s return to the town after five years exile in London Road, St Ives. The comp
VAUXHALL dealer Murketts has now officially returned to Huntingdon.
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly has officially opened the new showroom in Stukeley Road to mark the marque's return to the town after five years' 'exile' in London Road, St Ives.
The company, which started life selling bicycles in Huntingdon High Street a century ago, had to leave its previous garage on Huntingdon ring road when the site was needed for redevelopment.
The Stukeley Road premises housed Murketts' BMW and Mini franchise until two years ago, although it retains servicing and after-sales of those marques on the site it shares with the new state-of-the-art Vauxhall dealership.
You may also want to watch:
"Murketts Vauxhall has come home to Huntingdon, but we have never really been away," said director Simon Murkett. "Although our St Ives branch has recently closed, we can still offer Vauxhall owners in this area a genuinely 'local' service, with collection and delivery and free courtesy cars for service customers."
"I am really pleased that Murketts and Vauxhall are doing so well and it's reassuring to see the company investing in its future in Huntingdon during these testing times," Mr Djanogly added.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 5 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire