Valentine’s Day opening date for St Neots new cinema
- Credit: Archant
St Neots £7million cinema complex could open on Valentine’s Day.
Developers Turnstone Estates said it hoped the Rowley Arts Centre would be finished last month but the date was put back to January 2014 when part of the development had to be dismantled and rebuilt – part of the structure had been erected in the wrong place.
There were also hopes that the new restaurants at the site would open before the new year, but it now looks likely that they will open at the same time as the Cineworld complex.
Three of the four restaurant units will been filled – Pizza Express, Frankie & Benny’s and Prezzo will all move in. Turnstone said it is in discussion with a number of other business interested in the fourth unit.
Chris Goldsmith, managing director at Turnstone, said: “At the moment we’re looking at opening on Valentine’s Day and I think the restaurants would like to open at the same time. They had talked about opening earlier than the Cinema but now I think they will wait.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got a couple of interested parties for the fourth letting but we’re probably a month or two from completing at the moment.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages