Training venue’s top vote
WYBOSTON Lakes, the 350-acre conference facility just outside St Neots, has been voted one of the UK s top two training venues by an independent panel of experts. It was chosen as a finalist in the Training Venue of the Year at the annual World of Learnin
WYBOSTON Lakes, the 350-acre conference facility just outside St Neots, has been voted one of the UK's top two training venues by an independent panel of experts.
It was chosen as a finalist in the Training Venue of the Year at the annual World of Learning Conference held at NEC, Birmingham, last month.
The judges were looking for venues that offered the best services and support for the training industry.
All factors relevant to excellent training provision were considered, including customer service, technical support and catering and, in only its second entry into the competition, Wyboston Lakes was voted runner-up Training Venue of the Year.
Barry Stonham, the 250-employee company's operations director, said: "We were up against some very stiff competition, which made it all the more pleasing to see recognition for our continuing efforts to provide the highest levels of customer service and our significant investment in improved facilities."
The World of Learning Awards are the training industry's most prestigious awards, he said.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 3 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
"They recognise and reward organisations and people that have significantly advanced workplace productivity and performance within the field of learning and development.