Taxman provides new payroll software
HM REVENUE & Customs (HMRC) has launched ‘Basic PAYE Tools’ to help employers run their payroll systems.
The new online resource replaces HMRC’s Employer CD-ROM. It includes all the CD-ROM’s interactive features, plus an automatic update facility, to ensure the tools are up-to-date with the latest information and figures.
Employers who have used the CD-ROM will need the new tools for the remainder of the 2010-11 tax year and for future tax years, the department said. The tools can be downloaded by visiting www.businesslink.gov.uk/basicpayetools.
HMRC strongly recommends that employers keep up to speed with other important PAYE developments by signing-up to their free e-mail alerts at www.businesslink.gov.uk/hmrcemployeremailalerts, a spokesman said.
“HMRC will no longer be mailing hard copies of guidance to employers, so these alerts are now the best way to ensure employers are up-to-date with PAYE issues.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition, employers are being reminded that PAYE information, forms and guidance are all available online at www.businesslink.gov.uk/payeformsandpublications
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding