Tax expert comes of age
A PARTNER at Huntingdon-based chartered accountancy firm George Hay has been honoured for more than two decades of service to one of his clients.
Barry Jefferd, the firm’s tax partner, has acted for family-run property investment business Edward Kingston Ltd for 21 years and, to mark this milestone, he was presented with a bottle of Champagne and a framed print with an engraved plaque at the company’s recent annual general meeting.
The company, which has properties in West London and Southend, has remained in the same family for four generations and currently has 42 shareholders, all related.
George Hay’s services to Edward Kingston include audit, as part of which Barry attends the firm’s annual meeting.
In addition to acting for the limited company, George Hay also provides services to the Edward Kingston Trust, set up after founder Edward Kingston’s death in 1939 to ensure a farm he ran near Southend would continue to benefit the family.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jefferd said: “It’s an honour to have such a successful working relationship recognised in this way. I look forward to it continuing with future generations of the Kingston family.”
INFORMATION: on George Hay’s Barry Jefferd is on 01480 426500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The firm is at St George’s House, George Street, Huntingdon PE29 3GH.
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years