Tax expert comes of age
A PARTNER at Huntingdon-based chartered accountancy firm George Hay has been honoured for more than two decades of service to one of his clients.
Barry Jefferd, the firm’s tax partner, has acted for family-run property investment business Edward Kingston Ltd for 21 years and, to mark this milestone, he was presented with a bottle of Champagne and a framed print with an engraved plaque at the company’s recent annual general meeting.
The company, which has properties in West London and Southend, has remained in the same family for four generations and currently has 42 shareholders, all related.
George Hay’s services to Edward Kingston include audit, as part of which Barry attends the firm’s annual meeting.
In addition to acting for the limited company, George Hay also provides services to the Edward Kingston Trust, set up after founder Edward Kingston’s death in 1939 to ensure a farm he ran near Southend would continue to benefit the family.
Mr Jefferd said: “It’s an honour to have such a successful working relationship recognised in this way. I look forward to it continuing with future generations of the Kingston family.”
INFORMATION: on George Hay’s Barry Jefferd is on 01480 426500 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The firm is at St George’s House, George Street, Huntingdon PE29 3GH.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police