Subway chain seeks franchisee in St Neots
SANDWICH franchise giant Subway is looking to open a new outlet in St Neots.
The US company, which opened its first UK franchise in Brighton in 1996 and now has 1,500 across the British Isles, plans to double the number of stores across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire in the next five years, creating 350 jobs for local people.
There are currently 36 Subway stores across the counties, and plans are in place to increase this number to 72.
The plans include new stores for St Neots and Cambridge, and the company is inviting potential franchisees to apply.
Stacey Moore, Subway brand development agent for the region, said: “We are looking for hard-working, self-motivated and passionate individuals.
You may also want to watch:
“When you open a franchise with us, you know that you are buying in-to a company with a proven business model, with over 36,000 stores operating worldwide, and that you will get all the support that goes with this.
“The concept is to keep franchisee investment low, the operation simple and to offer customers fresh, great tasting food without the need for grills and fryers.”
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 4 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 5 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 6 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 7 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 8 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 9 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy