Subway chain seeks franchisee in St Neots
SANDWICH franchise giant Subway is looking to open a new outlet in St Neots.
The US company, which opened its first UK franchise in Brighton in 1996 and now has 1,500 across the British Isles, plans to double the number of stores across Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire in the next five years, creating 350 jobs for local people.
There are currently 36 Subway stores across the counties, and plans are in place to increase this number to 72.
The plans include new stores for St Neots and Cambridge, and the company is inviting potential franchisees to apply.
Stacey Moore, Subway brand development agent for the region, said: “We are looking for hard-working, self-motivated and passionate individuals.
“When you open a franchise with us, you know that you are buying in-to a company with a proven business model, with over 36,000 stores operating worldwide, and that you will get all the support that goes with this.
“The concept is to keep franchisee investment low, the operation simple and to offer customers fresh, great tasting food without the need for grills and fryers.”
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 6 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 7 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 10 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives