Striker Bent backs Hunts sports physio expansion
FORMER Hinchingbrooke School pupil, England and Sunderland striker, Darren Bent, will be opening Cambridgeshire Sports Physio and Back Care’s new practice in Hampton, Peterborough, later this month.
The Abbots Ripton business’s new venture has been set up to provide high-quality physiotherapy treatment and excellent patient care to the local community.
The goal ace, the third highest goal scorer in the premiership last season, will perform the official opening at lunchtime on November 28.
Cambridgeshire Sports Physio and Back Care was established in 2003, initially operating from the home of Matt and Sara Taylor in Abbots Ripton. Striker Bent met the growing team a few years ago when he used its gym facilities for summer training and opened the Huntingdon practice when the business outgrew the Taylor’s home.
The physio team offers treatment for a wide variety of conditions, such as back and neck pain, joint problems and soft tissue injuries whether the injury originates from the office, garden, gym or sport.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Taylor said: “Darren is a bit of a local hero in Huntingdon but, despite his playing for Sunderland and living in the North East, we are fortunate enough to have his support on special occasions like this when he comes home.”
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 3 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal