Striker Bent backs Hunts sports physio expansion
FORMER Hinchingbrooke School pupil, England and Sunderland striker, Darren Bent, will be opening Cambridgeshire Sports Physio and Back Care’s new practice in Hampton, Peterborough, later this month.
The Abbots Ripton business’s new venture has been set up to provide high-quality physiotherapy treatment and excellent patient care to the local community.
The goal ace, the third highest goal scorer in the premiership last season, will perform the official opening at lunchtime on November 28.
Cambridgeshire Sports Physio and Back Care was established in 2003, initially operating from the home of Matt and Sara Taylor in Abbots Ripton. Striker Bent met the growing team a few years ago when he used its gym facilities for summer training and opened the Huntingdon practice when the business outgrew the Taylor’s home.
The physio team offers treatment for a wide variety of conditions, such as back and neck pain, joint problems and soft tissue injuries whether the injury originates from the office, garden, gym or sport.
Matt Taylor said: “Darren is a bit of a local hero in Huntingdon but, despite his playing for Sunderland and living in the North East, we are fortunate enough to have his support on special occasions like this when he comes home.”
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 10 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk