Strata complete Cambridge University contract
WARBOYS joinery firm Strata Panels UK has completed a custom-build contract for Cambridge University s department of engineering. The firm, based on Warboys airfield industrial estate, was approached by the university to build 120 storage cabinets and fit
WARBOYS joinery firm Strata Panels UK has completed a custom-build contract for Cambridge University's department of engineering.
The firm, based on Warboys airfield industrial estate, was approached by the university to build 120 storage cabinets and fit them to the engineering department's existing CAD workbenches over the Easter break.
After examining the plans, Strata suggested design improvements, and made a prototype. Once a design and finish check had been approved, the department placed an order for 120 of the custom-made MDF cabinets.
The first batch was completed within two weeks of the confirmed order, said Strata sales director Mark Garrood.
You may also want to watch:
Alistair Ross of Cambridge University Department of Engineering said: "Strata Panels were excellent - they did what we asked.
"Strata committed to the tight delivery date while the students were on Easter break, and delivered before that date was due.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Hot air balloon 'makes surprise appearance' at primary school
- 3 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire
- 4 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 5 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 6 MP warns EWR rail bosses of 'significant impact' of project
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 9 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 10 'Amazing' Kimbolton Colts claim fair play award from Hunts Youth League