A step in the right direction as new shop opens in St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Expansion to bigger premises is the latest step for St Ives-based dance firm Star Dancewear and Crafts where its new shop has just been opened by mayor Councillor David Rowe.
The business has been running for around 10 years, initially from owner Elaine Spence's home, before moving into a range of premises in the town, now settling on its latest outlet in Crown Street.
The move has also enabled Elaine to expand the range of products on sale and she would like to start offering classes for the craft side of the business.
She said: "With dancing and crafts becoming more popular, the shop now has a much bigger choice of dancewear, wool and haberdashery.
"Due to the shop being more spacious, new items are on offer such as baby gifts, wedding items, lunch and storage bags and personalised items."
You may also want to watch:
Elaine added: "There are also plans to provide an alterations service as well as classes for crochet, knitting, needle felting and other crafts, with the hope the shop will become a community hub with many age groups benefitting from what it has to offer."
The shop is open from 9.30am-5pm, Monday to Saturday.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal