St Neots manufacturers take to the road
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University s West Cambridge Campus. The IfM will give a presentation, and there wi
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University's West Cambridge Campus.
The IfM will give a presentation, and there will be a tour of the new Alan Reese Building at the end of the programme.
The keynote speaker is to be the chief economist at the Engineering Employers' Federation, Lee Hopley, who wrote a recent report on the future of manufacturing.
His paper argues that the UK needs to build a more balanced economy on a secure manufacturing base, rather that over-reliance on the services and the financial sectors.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will also hear reports on the school visits programme by students talking the new engineering diploma, strongly supported by the club members. Also on the
agenda is the proposal from the Business Continuity Working Group on a scheme to
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
help one another in crises, said facilitator John Davies, of Sealed Air.