St Neots manufacturers take to the road
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University s West Cambridge Campus. The IfM will give a presentation, and there wi
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University's West Cambridge Campus.
The IfM will give a presentation, and there will be a tour of the new Alan Reese Building at the end of the programme.
The keynote speaker is to be the chief economist at the Engineering Employers' Federation, Lee Hopley, who wrote a recent report on the future of manufacturing.
His paper argues that the UK needs to build a more balanced economy on a secure manufacturing base, rather that over-reliance on the services and the financial sectors.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will also hear reports on the school visits programme by students talking the new engineering diploma, strongly supported by the club members. Also on the
agenda is the proposal from the Business Continuity Working Group on a scheme to
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
help one another in crises, said facilitator John Davies, of Sealed Air.