St Neots manufacturers take to the road
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University s West Cambridge Campus. The IfM will give a presentation, and there wi
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University's West Cambridge Campus.
The IfM will give a presentation, and there will be a tour of the new Alan Reese Building at the end of the programme.
The keynote speaker is to be the chief economist at the Engineering Employers' Federation, Lee Hopley, who wrote a recent report on the future of manufacturing.
His paper argues that the UK needs to build a more balanced economy on a secure manufacturing base, rather that over-reliance on the services and the financial sectors.
The meeting will also hear reports on the school visits programme by students talking the new engineering diploma, strongly supported by the club members. Also on the
agenda is the proposal from the Business Continuity Working Group on a scheme to
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 3 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 4 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 5 New parklet opens in St Ives
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Ancient relics from Iron Age discovered during road upgrade
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
help one another in crises, said facilitator John Davies, of Sealed Air.