St Neots manufacturers take to the road
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University s West Cambridge Campus. The IfM will give a presentation, and there wi
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University's West Cambridge Campus.
The IfM will give a presentation, and there will be a tour of the new Alan Reese Building at the end of the programme.
The keynote speaker is to be the chief economist at the Engineering Employers' Federation, Lee Hopley, who wrote a recent report on the future of manufacturing.
His paper argues that the UK needs to build a more balanced economy on a secure manufacturing base, rather that over-reliance on the services and the financial sectors.
The meeting will also hear reports on the school visits programme by students talking the new engineering diploma, strongly supported by the club members. Also on the
agenda is the proposal from the Business Continuity Working Group on a scheme to
- 1 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 4 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Can you help welcome people to the Cromwell Museum?
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Couple walk 350 miles to St Neots to raise awareness for suicide prevention
help one another in crises, said facilitator John Davies, of Sealed Air.