St Neots manufacturers take to the road
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University s West Cambridge Campus. The IfM will give a presentation, and there wi
ST NEOTS Manufacturing Club will be venturing outside the town for its meeting next Friday (January 22) which will be hosted by the Institute for Manufacturing in Cambridge University's West Cambridge Campus.
The IfM will give a presentation, and there will be a tour of the new Alan Reese Building at the end of the programme.
The keynote speaker is to be the chief economist at the Engineering Employers' Federation, Lee Hopley, who wrote a recent report on the future of manufacturing.
His paper argues that the UK needs to build a more balanced economy on a secure manufacturing base, rather that over-reliance on the services and the financial sectors.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will also hear reports on the school visits programme by students talking the new engineering diploma, strongly supported by the club members. Also on the
agenda is the proposal from the Business Continuity Working Group on a scheme to
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 5 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 6 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 10 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
help one another in crises, said facilitator John Davies, of Sealed Air.