Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- Credit: Elsie May's Electric Lounge
A café based in St Neots is aiming to raise £15,000 to bring an artisan bakery and baking school to the town.
Elsie May’s Electric Lounge Café & Bar, plans to transform its annexe outbuilding into an artisan micro bakery and baking school to bring business back into the town's high street.
Owner Naomi Rose said: “In 2018, we decided to open Elsie May's Electric Lounge Café & Bar as we wanted people to be able to go to a dog-friendly place which has locally sourced home-made food and a good cup of coffee.
“However, we always had the dream of opening a bakery and a bakery school in the back of our minds.”
“Apart from lots of delicious freshly made loaves of bread and scones, you will be part of our story and help us shape Elsie May’s Bakery.
“We want to create a bakery that is right for our community.
“By pledging - however big or small - you will be contributing towards the future of our business, town and high street.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
“Not only that, you will be giving people the opportunity to learn new skills in the bakery school.”
The Kickstarter campaign, which is now live, will run until Wednesday, November 10 and will only be successful if 100 per cent of the funding goal is reached.
If £14,000 is raised, for example, Naomi and her team will not see a penny of it.
Backers of the project will not be left empty handed, however, with a range of tiered rewards and goodies on offer depending on individual pledges.
A simple £10 pledge will see your name put onto the cafe’s ‘Wall of Backers’ once opened, or a £25 donation will get your name on the wall, a tote bag, a focaccia, two loaves of bread and two coffees.
The publicly-raised funds will allow Naomi to purchase items such as mixers, sinks, ovens, extraction units, and pay for significant contracting work to make the annexe fit for purpose.
To pledge your support and back the Elsie May’s campaign, visit the Kickstarter page at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/naomirose/opening-an-artisan-bakery-in-st-neots
Or the Elsie May social media channels for more information.