St Ives VW dealer recuits Sunday Times man for reassurance
A ST IVES motor dealer has teamed up with a national newspaper s motoring columnist to provide reassurance for people thinking of buying a second-hand car. Vindis Volkswagen, on Low Road, has seen increases in people enquiring about its approved used cars
A ST IVES motor dealer has teamed up with a national newspaper's motoring columnist to provide reassurance for people thinking of buying a second-hand car.
Vindis Volkswagen, on Low Road, has seen increases in people enquiring about its approved used cars and asked motoring expert Jason Dawe to provide a guide to assist customers when buying a used car.
Research by Volkswagen found more than 75 per cent of people buying a used car were concerned about a hidden mechanical problem or being overcharged. It revealed that customers' three main priorities were the condition of the engine, validation of mileage plus log book and service history records, all of which are verified with the Volkswagen approved used car programme, Vindis said.
In Cambridgeshire, 80 per cent felt their main priority was the condition and sound of the engine with nearly double the national average having concerns about the validation of a vehicle's mileage.
Jason, a Sunday Times' motoring journalist, hopes the guide will ease any worries motorists have when purchasing a used car. "Buying a used car can be daunting, especially if you have never done it before or if you have little automotive knowledge," he said.
"Many people have pre-conceptions that you will either be sold a dubious vehicle from a private seller or be over-charged by an approved retailer.
- 1 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 2 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 3 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 4 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 5 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 10 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
"The guide will help eradicate these concerns if you know a few simple questions to ask and what to look out for."
Jamie Vindis, operations director of Vindis Volkswagen, said: "We're really pleased to be involved with Jason, he is a leading authority on motoring and his expertise will be hugely beneficial to people in the Cambridgeshire area.
"Customers can be reassured when purchasing a used car through Volkswagen that all vehicles undergo a full vehicle validation check. This includes verifying a vehicle's identity with the DVLA, checking for outstanding finance payments, mileage verification and police records for missing and stolen vehicles. In addition, a full mechanical and service history check and valet are carried out."
INFORMATION: The used car buyer's guide created by Jason Dawe is available to download from www.vindis.volkswagen.co.uk