St Ives greetings card retailer in final of national competition
- Credit: Archant
A business in St Ives has reached the finals of a prestigious competition to recognise greetings card retailers.
Just Cards on Bridge Street has been named as one of six finalists in The Retas 2015 awards.
The business is run by director Tom O’Connell and his wife Maureen assisted by five part-time staff and has been running for 15 years.
Mr O’Connell said: “We are delighted to have been nominated. It is very nice for our hard work to be recognised.
“We were nominated for the final four years ago and unfortunately just missed out.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope to go one better this time.”
The Retas Awards, now in its 11th year, is run by Progressive Greetings magazine and all finalists are decided as a result of an industry-wide poll of greeting card suppliers, reps and agents and validated by a panel of experts.
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 8 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
The winners of this year’s awards will be revealed at an awards lunch at the glamorous Dorchester Hotel in London on Wednesday, July 8.