St Ives greetings card retailer in final of national competition
- Credit: Archant
A business in St Ives has reached the finals of a prestigious competition to recognise greetings card retailers.
Just Cards on Bridge Street has been named as one of six finalists in The Retas 2015 awards.
The business is run by director Tom O’Connell and his wife Maureen assisted by five part-time staff and has been running for 15 years.
Mr O’Connell said: “We are delighted to have been nominated. It is very nice for our hard work to be recognised.
“We were nominated for the final four years ago and unfortunately just missed out.
“We hope to go one better this time.”
The Retas Awards, now in its 11th year, is run by Progressive Greetings magazine and all finalists are decided as a result of an industry-wide poll of greeting card suppliers, reps and agents and validated by a panel of experts.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
The winners of this year’s awards will be revealed at an awards lunch at the glamorous Dorchester Hotel in London on Wednesday, July 8.